This week’s cheap & creative date is…
Crafts + Mexican Food!
What: Craft gallery space + new-ish mexican restaurant
Where: Grandview – (CM) 1665 W. 5th Ave / (CL) 1423 Grandview Ave
When: (CM) M-F 10a-5p & Sa-Su 1p-4p / (CL) M-Sa 4p-2:30a, Su 12p-2:30a
website - Craft Museum + Local Cantina
- Rob definitely took one for the team during this $20Date – I LOVE mexican food & I LOVE crafts, so this was one of my picks. Thanks Rob, love you!
- Cantina Local is really, really good. Quality food with fresh ingredients, cool atmosphere, plenty of parking, friendly service AND a huge bar with many fresh drink options. We went for brunch so a margarita wasn’t on our mind, but my friend Francine has been there during Happy Hour and says not only are their prices great, but the margaritas are made with fresh ingredients and are delicious!
- Local Cantina has a lot of cool decor to look at, including many mustached-themed items. I think Cantina’s nickname should be “Moostachios”
- Happy Hour (which we will soon be trying) is M-F 4-6p – $1 High Life Drafts, $2 Pacifico, Tecate, Modelo Especial & Negro. All craft beers on tap are only $3! $3 Happy-Ritas too! <–from their Facebook
- Right down the road is the Ohio Craft Museum, free entry & plenty of parking.
- There is currently a “Best Of” exhibit along with many local artisans artwork in their gift shop.
Total = Carnita/Egg Burrito $8 + Huevos Rancheros $7 + tax/tip + free admission to OCM = $20!